Monday, August 31, 2009

I assume he was scared

*Jaden got a lizard (bearded dragon) on Friday. And this kind of Lizard eats crickets. Like A LOT of crickets! So its turned into a daily (if not every other day) trip to the pet store for food. It's close enough I allow him to ride his bike to get them. He likes it and its building his 'responsibilty' to have to care for something like that.

The only drawback of this little trekk is that you have to cross one of the busiest intersections in town to get to it. My breathing goes on hiatus until I see his little head cruise by upon his return.

Today before Jaden left, Ashton asked if he could go. I instantly said no! But after I thought about it, I decided to allow it. (I know, I questioned it after they left but I trusted Jaden and the helmets purchased.)

Before Ashton left, I made sure he was fully aware of how important/VITAL it was to stay with Jaden and listen to him! He acknowledged and off they went.

When my breathing was able to resume after there cheerful voices were heard,
Ashton came running up to me and said,

"Mom, I prayed that I wouldn't get runned over. And I didn't!!!"

From this mother to 'Him'.....THANK YOU for answering his little prayer!


*Story behind that to be posted soon!

6 comments:

Jessica and Tom said...

I think you stressed the importance enough for him to be concerned and praying about it. Super cute.

Sarah said...

That is so cute! I love it! Growing up is tough stuff, but you seem to be doing all the right things as a mom!! Way to be brave and let him go out on his own!
We nee to get together soon! I miss ya!

Gwen said...

I love the faith of children!

AmberlyGreen said...

Hi there, Bradon got cut last week from the Ravens...:( We aren't sure what is going to happen now....He may be playing on there Scout team, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted through my blog.

Adrienne said...

Sweet children....

Alisha said...

I love that he didn't get "runned over" because that would have been worse then getting run over.