Because I've been so diligent about keeping this blog up, and I promise I will do better now, I'll just continue where I left off.
Anyone out there heard about Cake Wrecks I LOVE this site! You've GOT TO check it out....H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.!! AND because I LOVE it so much, I have some wrecks of my own to share with you! Some may disagree, like my darling little Jaden WHO just today asked me, "Where did you get all your creativity from?" (Sweet young lad) I would like to have a little more "perfection" when it comes to my cakes, but SOME day, I'll be like this woman! WOW wow....I'll let you go check her out before you take a gander at my........masterpieces........it will help you understand how wreckish my cakes are.
................
...............
amazing, isn't she? I know!
Ok...NOW for my creations. Feel free to leave comments such as; LOL, LMBumO, OR HA! It's ok, I won't be offended. I had the same reaction when I actually said that it was finished.
Cute little mariposa. BUT while I was at the grocery store in the cake isle, I found this SUPER COOL "frosting in a can" WITH decorative tips. I think I got carried away with the blue frosting, it was just SO much fun squirting that stuff....EVERYWHERE! White cake, and white frosting with lots of blue...tastes good!
Next we have dear sweat Kael's; Tulips

They actually turned out better than I thought. I used the colored sprinkles as shading (in case you didn't figure that one out) but MAY have gotten carried away with the main flower. (if you can imagine with me, looks like a pink pac-woman sticking her tongue out. Oh well, still tasted good.
They actually turned out better than I thought. I used the colored sprinkles as shading (in case you didn't figure that one out) but MAY have gotten carried away with the main flower. (if you can imagine with me, looks like a pink pac-woman sticking her tongue out. Oh well, still tasted good.
I'm gonna skip Jared's till the last, because I want to, and jump right to Ashton's which was today!
*Happy birthday sweet boy, who isn't so sweet sometimes.*
He wanted a bone, but couldn't quite get him to tell me what KIND of bone so he said a frog bone. I interpreted that as, "a frog cake"....You got it!
Ashton wanted the "mouth", SO he got the mouth!
If I had access to my internet earlier today, I would've been able to be more creative and cooked it all differently. As my dad put it so sympathetically, "No really, what is it?" After I told him, I think he only pretended to see the frog in it as to not hurt my little feelers. ;o) It's ok...it still tasted good! :o)
Now before you take a look-see at Jared's, I have to tell you that when he told me what he wanted, I pondered on it for a VERY long time to figure out just how I was actually going to pull it off. He had been hunting gophers in a horse field and wanted just that. A gopher. My thoughts, "should it be sitting up, laying down, popping out of a hole....." Not sure. But then a lightbulb appeared above my noggin and this is what I came up with: Feast your eyes on THIS! baby!
Kinda cute, if I say so myself! The eyes....the only size googly eyes I had. I really wanted smaller ones, but you use whatcha got! right? The next two are me actually making it, (just incase you may have thought that I bought this work of art from a professional!) hee hee hee
Sorry for the blurry picture, I think jared was laughing!
I had to keep freezing the dang thing cause the frosting kept melting and getting runny. And a white fluffy cake mix doesn't make for a very sturdy loaf!
Now here's the sad part. RIGHT after, and i mean RIGHT AFTER! this little photo shoot of dear gopher, he fell face first onto the pain and was served up, as slices.
*the undocumented (not photographed) desecration was done with red food coloring to his adorable little head after the colapse. It's all good, cause it still tasted good!
Anybody want me to make them a cake? What would you want?
3 comments:
Much more impressive than my meager butterfly and caterpillar cupcakes last year. Good job!
I am impressed. I agree with Jaden, I think you are rather clever. The gopher I think is my favorite!! Who would have thought of a gopher cake!
I love doing shape cakes too...and I love Cake Wrecks...I'm glad you are blogging again, I missed you!
Post a Comment