I felt like for a while there all I would talk about was my fish so thankfully we had family pictures and Eli had a birthday to break it up a bit. None-the-less, the tank is never calm....So here's the update.
The sucker's name is Oogie. I just couldn't live with Oscar. (Too common) Gwen, I now award you bragging rights to naming our trash eating neat freak. I just KNEW you'd be excited! (and, you're welcome!)
The "triplets" Aaron, Omner, and Himni...are doing GREAT! (I'll tell you why in just a minute.)
Jon has "moved". He is now at Bonnie's and hopefully doing well and being "humbled". (She has the same kind of fish but MUCH bigger. Maybe they'll pick on him like he was picking on the others here.) We had to get "rid" of him because not only did he nip Omner's fins to almost nothing, (I'm amazed the fish can still swim.) But he went after Ra and Sunburst's. (We couldn't allow that to happen...(that was the point in purchasing those fish in the first place!)....which brings us to those two.
Ra and Sunburst- doing well, I assume, because they are still alive. Ra, started hanging out at the bottom of the tank in the rocks, not swimming. I was worried that he/she wasn't doing well. BUT...during feedings he/she would come up and swim around and eat. But then to resume his lazy behavior shortly after. I stopped worrying too much about it, but now Sunburst does it too. They eat and swim spuratically so we will assume that that's what they're suppose to do.
Jared picked out a larger fish (Larger in comparison to the other fish in the tank) I've forgotten what kind it is, but looks similar to an angel fish. Big frilly fins is all that it really has going for it because it's an ugly gray color. He/she was named Dante'.
"Pip-squeak, yo-yo, pickle, and fish-that-has-no-name yet", are our latest and last, additions to our aquarium. (I promise. The satisfaction as been met. At least until one dies and I have to get a new one.) They are "neon" fish. Neon yellow, neon orange (although this one looks very yellow to me.) and Neon pink. The last one...black and white striped. I question this last bunch because they are SUPER active and my other fish have kind of had to move out of the way when it comes to these 4. PLUS...Black and white striped "Pickle", had little yellow "Pip-squeak" chasing HER around the tank doing some "funny" swimming maneuvers and she started dropping eggs. WHOA! Didn't plan on a breeding tank! Then, little horny pip-squeak went after pink "fish-that-has-no-name yet", luckily she hasn't dropped any eggs. (At least they got the right color when they injected these fish with the right gender. I was considering getting rid of them, but they have somewhat calmed down a bit. For now...they are all good.
I probably spend more time than what is necessary staring at them all but it's pretty cool to watch all their behavior.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Fish update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
*takes a bow*
I'm working on my acceptance speech.
Post a Comment