Monday, September 22, 2008

Jon and Elbow


With Eli's obsession with fish, (today he watched "coley fish", then pretended that EVERYTHING he played with was a fish or fishing pole.) I bought him and Ashton two fish. "Elbow" belongs to Ashton (They've been learning about the letter "E" at school) and "Jon" belongs to Eli. I kept asking Eli what he wanted to name his fish and sometimes I just can't understand what he is trying to say. The closet I could come up with, with what he said was "jon". SO....Jon it is! I give them 1 week. He's already tried to give them a french fry. I also had to hide them on my counter behind the bag of bread and a box of crackers and told Eli that they are taking a nap and that I put them in bed. He looked at me funny and went looking for them in all the beds. NOW...it's 'out of site, out of mind'.

2 comments:

Ang said...

LOL! Eli loves his fish... I think it is a good opportunity to teach them how to take care of fish, you watch them swim that is it. Hope he doesn't get bored. What kind of fish are they?

Jessica and Tom said...

What a cute picture of the two of them. Good luck keeping them alive! The fish I mean.